THE ODEON/CLASSIC CINEMA
LITTLEHAMPTON 

The Odeon Cinema opened on 23rd May 1936 with Jack Hulbert in "Jack Of All Trades". Inside the auditorium seating was provided for 438 in the stalls and 532 in the circle. An unusual feature was the circle seating area contained more seats than the stalls, and it was only overhanging the rear stalls by a couple of rows. 

The Odeon was one of a batch of cinemas sold by the Rank Organisation to the Classic Cinemas chain, and it was re-named Classic from 10th December 1967.

Part time bingo was soon introduced, and the final film shown was "The Belstone Fox" on 1st June 1974.


Text extracts and photos are from website Cinema Treasures, see the full page for more detailed information about the cinema.

See the Littlehampton Memories page for amusing and touching recollections of visiting Littlehampton's old cinemas.