BOGNOR REGIS cinema history

THE PICTUREDROME
(1918-PRESENT DAY)

The Picturedrome first opened on 5th July 1918 with the Cecil Hepworth film Boundry House, starring Alma Taylor. Its current screenings.

The Pier Picture Hall was opened on Whit Saturday, 3rd June 1911, at the shore end of the Pier, showing films until  June 1951.

.The Odeon opened on 14th July 1934 and ran films until 23rd January 1971 when it was re-named the Regal Cinema. This only lasted a while as it closed on 15th November 1974

On The Esplanade where The Regis Centre is currently located, its previous cinema history has gone through four name changes.

The twin screen Odeon 1 & 2 opened within the parimeters of Butlin’s Holiday Camp (Butlin’s South Coast World) from April 1994, and was renamed the ABC from 2000-2012.